- What is Homebase Pay Any Day Visa Debit Card?
- What is FDIC Insurance? Are my accounts FDIC-Insured?
- Do I have to pay any monthly fees with the Homebase Pay Any Day Visa Debit?
- I want to sign up, where do I go?
- Will getting the Homebase Pay Any Day Visa Debit card impact my credit score?
- Do I need the latest version of iOS or Android?
- Can I run this on the web or is this mobile only?
- Who can sign-up for the Homebase Pay Any Day Visa Debit card?
- How do I sign up?
- How safe and secure is my money with Homebase?
- Where can I view the Terms and Conditions?
Onboarding and Enrollment:
- I’m having trouble enrolling or verifying my Homebase Pay Any Day Visa Debit Card. What can I do?
- How do I verify my external bank account? I never got the two micro-deposits
- How can I update my information?
- How do I activate my card?
- How do I add my card to the digital wallet?
- How do I set up Direct Deposit?
- What are my daily transaction limits?
- How do I access my account statements?
- I have an issue with a transaction on my account. What can I do?
Troubleshooting - Account Management:
- How do I freeze my card?
- I lost my phone and am worried about someone accessing my account. What can I do?
- I lost my password, how can I reset it?
- How do I reset my PIN?
- I tried to change my PIN a few times but I got locked out. What should I do?
- I have lost my card or my card has been compromised, what can I do?
- What is Plaid? Why is it important for me to keep an active connection with Plaid?
Troubleshooting - Other (Move Money, Transactions, etc)
- Which ATMs can I use to withdraw money?
- Will I get charged a fee to use the ATM?
- Can I have a shared or duplicate account?
- Where do I find my account and routing information?
- How do I move money from one account to another?
- How do I add or link a new bank account?
- I’m having issues linking my bank account and need some help!
- My money didn’t move over. I need help!
- I’m getting an error when I try to move or transfer my money and I need some help
- How long will my ACH transfer take to process?
- I’m getting an error message when I try to do an ACH transfer. What can I do?
- Can I cancel my ACH transfer? What happens when my transfer is canceled?
- Why did I get a rejection when I tried to pull money from my external bank account?
The Homebase Pay Any Day Visa Debit Card gives you instant access to your earnings, with no monthly or overdraft fees. Here’s what’s included:
- Access up to 100% of your earnings instantly — whenever you need them. There are no instant delivery fees.
- View all your daily finances in one place, including upcoming earnings, spending, and more.
- A fancy debit card that works anywhere Visa is accepted, with no hidden or monthly fees and no minimum account balances.
Homebase account banking services are provided by Piermont Bank, Member FDIC. The Pay Any Day Debit Card is issued by Piermont Bank pursuant to license from VISA. Accounts are FDIC-insured up to $250,000 through Piermont Bank, Member FDIC. For more information on FDIC Insurance, please refer to the article here (see below).
Yes, your deposits on Homebase’s Pay Any Day Debit Card are FDIC-insured up to the
FDIC limit ($250,000) by our partner bank, Piermont Bank, Member FDIC. FDIC insurance
is per depositor, per insured bank, for each account ownership category. For more detail,
Homebase is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services are provided
by Piermont Bank, Member FDIC.
Nope — signing up for the Homebase Pay Any Day Visa Debit card is completely free! There are no hidden fees, so you can say goodbye to monthly account or interest charges, transaction fees, and minimum account balances.
The only fee you’ll see will be for international, non-USD transactions. This is charged by Visa (not us!) and it’s an International Service Assessment fee of 1% which is added to your transaction amount. Additional information is available here.
Right now, the Homebase Pay Any Day Visa Debit card is only available to our waitlist. But don’t worry — we plan to be available for everyone soon.
If you’re eligible, head to the Money tab in your Homebase app and you’ll see the option to sign-up. If you received an email link, you can also sign-up through there. Keep in mind only eligible customers will receive an email!
If you’re not currently eligible but want to join our waitlist, sign-up from the Money tab in your Homebase app. We’ll send you an email once it’s available!
NOTE: We have currently disabled our waitlist due to high demand but plan on opening it up again in the near future!
We don’t do credit checks (not even soft ones!) so there is zero impact on your credit score.
Yes, you’ll need to update to the latest version of iOS or Android to use the Homebase Pay Any Day Visa Debit card. We’ve shared handy links below to get you started.
For iPhones: App Store
For Android phones: Google Play
Right now this is mobile only so you won’t be able to access your account from a desktop computer. We’re available for both iOS and Android.
You must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be 18+ and a current employee or owner at a participating Homebase company
- Must be a U.S. resident
- be 18+ years old, a valid U.S. resident, and currently be an employee or owner at a participating Homebase company. In addition, we are currently only offering limited access to a small base of customers for our Homebase Pay Any Day Visa Debit Card product. We will be providing additional access to users on a rolling basis going forward and will notify you when that happens (so please ensure you have SMS allowed from Homebase).
If you wish to be eligible for Pay Any Day, you must meet all the criteria mentioned above and have your payroll deposited into your Homebase Pay Any Day Visa Debit Card account. For more information about Pay Any Day, please refer to this Help Article.
Right now, the Homebase Pay Any Day Visa Debit card is only available to our waitlist. But don’t worry — we plan to be available for everyone soon. Get on the waitlist by heading to the Money tab in your Homebase mobile app. You will see the option to get early access to the card from there.
NOTE: We have currently disabled our waitlist due to high demand but plan on opening it up again in the near future!
Keeping your money safe and your personal details private is our top priority. We take security seriously and want to ensure you that your data and personal information are safe with us.
The Homebase Pay Any Day Visa Debit card is PCI Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) Level 1 compliant. Your data is sent securely to our servers and encrypted whether you're using public or private Wi-Fi or a data service like 3G, 4G, or EDGE. And we do regular testing to ensure that your data remains private.
You can view the VISA Debit Cardholder Agreement, the Consumer Deposit Account Agreement and the Pay Any Day Terms of Service (if eligible) through the app under Settings > View terms and conditions under Documents.
Onboarding & Enrollment
We’re sorry to hear that you are having trouble enrolling and we’re here to help. For your safety and security, we use a third-party verification service provider to ensure the information you have entered is accurate and matches a nationwide database. At this time, we are only able to accept approvals that our third-party service provider allows.
Here are some common issues and how to solve them:
- Phone/email verification issue: Sometimes your verification code will take a few minutes to arrive. Please wait for 10-15 minutes before requesting a new code and check your spam folder if you haven’t received your verification email.
- Date of birth issue: You must be at least 18 years or older to set up an account. Please make sure you are entering the correct date of birth.
- Address issue: We need an accurate address to finalize everything — double-check that there are no spelling or punctuation mistakes as they may result in a denied application.
- Existing user issue: We only permit one account per user, so please try accessing your old account instead.
- App freezing: You’ll need the most recent version of the Homebase app (iOS or Android) for everything to run smoothly. If you’ve already updated, you may need to close the app and restart it again.
If none of these solutions help, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will aim to get back to you within 1 business day
We’re sorry to hear that you are having issues with your micro-deposit verification. Generally, it can take up to 2 business days for the deposits to show up in your external bank account.
If you have not received them after 2 business days, please send us an email at email@example.com with your information and we’d be more than happy to investigate.
Depending on the type of information you wish to update, whether it’s sensitive or non-sensitive information, you can either update it yourself on the mobile app or you may have to reach out to us directly to update the information on your behalf.
For non-sensitive information updates: This includes details such as phone number, address, and email. To update these:
- Go to your settings dashboard, which can be accessed from the Homebase Card home screen, gear icon on the top right
- Click the pencil icon on the right side of the “Profile” section
- Change the information needed and press the checkmark on the top right to confirm
Sensitive information: For any updates to information such as your Legal Name, Date of Birth of Social Security Number, you will not be able to do this yourself and would have to reach out to us to update this. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information and we will get that sorted for you as soon as possible:
- Your name and email address
- A picture (or PDF) of the document you wish to update
During this process, we may also ask you some additional questions about the information that you wish to update. We will collect all the information and create a request for our banking service partner to approve and get that information updated.
Congratulations on getting approved for your new Homebase Pay Any Day Visa Debit card! Your physical card will arrive in the mail in the next 7 to 10 business days and you can start using your digital card right away, anywhere Visa is accepted. You can view your card under Manage Card in the Homebase app, and add it to your digital wallet for easy access.
Once your card arrives, activate it in the Homebase app by following the below steps:
- Head to Manage Card in the Homebase app from the Money tab. You can also find this under Settings > My Cards > Manage Physical Card.
- Switch to Physical Card and press Activate Card.
- We’ll ask you to confirm some details (like the expiration date). Once you see your card status as Active, it’s ready to use!
Alternatively, you can activate your card through VISA directly by giving them a call toll-free at +1-833-333-0417 and verifying through their automated questions.
If you have any issues activating your new card, contact VISA support at +1-833-333-0417. Reach out to email@example.com if VISA is unable to resolve your issues for any reason. We’ll try our best to help you find a solution.
Adding your virtual Pay Any Day Visa Debit card to your phone’s wallet lets you use your phone as a tap-to-pay payment method.
Open your mobile wallet — like Apple, Samsung, or Google Pay — and manually add the card details. You’ll find this information in your Homebase app under Money > Manage Card. Simply tap on the image of your card to see the details.
You’ll need to set up Direct Deposit to take advantage of the Pay Any Day Visa Debit card. Switching over to Homebase can be done in just a few clicks and allows you to receive funds instantly, any day you choose.
The easiest way is to set it up under Profile Settings > Connect bank account. If you already have an account available, select I’m interested on the Pay Any Day Card. This can only be done on the mobile app.
If you experience any issues or have any concerns during the direct deposit setup process, please feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist!
Currently, the following limits are applied for individual accounts:
- Card purchases and transactions: $1,000 USD daily limit with no monthly limit
- ATM deposits and withdrawals: $500 per day with no monthly limit for cash withdrawals
- ACH debit and credit: $2,500 per day and $25K monthly limit
Your monthly account statements are created at the end of each month. They will be available and published by the 3rd date of the following month at the latest.
To access your account statements in the Homebase app
- Go to Settings by clicking the gear icon on the top right of the Money tab
- Select View Statements at the bottom under Documents
If you are experiencing any issues with accessing your statements, please contact email@example.com and we would be happy to assist.
We understand this can be frustrating and we’re here to help.
Before you contact customer support, we recommend you take the below steps:
- Confirm no one else in your household or with access to your card made the purchase. 60%+ of the cases we see are because a partner or family member made a purchase without the cardholder’s knowledge.
- Contact the merchant first. If you have an issue like non-delivery or a defective purchase, try to resolve the issue with the merchant directly. This is typically much faster than resolving through Homebase support.
If you have completed the above steps and still believe there is a transaction issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with information on the situation, such as what the transaction was, the date of the transaction, and additional information on the situation, and someone from our team would be more than happy to work with you to resolve it.
Troubleshooting - Account Management
You can manage your card from the Homebase app, anytime.
To freeze or unfreeze your cards, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings > Manage Card
- Select the card that you wish to freeze on the top “Virtual Card” or “Physical Card”
- Select the “Freeze card” button to freeze your card, you should get a notification and see the card status change to “Frozen”
- To unfreeze your card, simply tap the button again to change your card back to active
Once the card has been frozen, new transactions will be declined on that card, but any pending transactions will continue to process and settle to your account. Please remember that if you want to freeze both your virtual and physical cards, you will need to do it separately.
Don’t worry, our Homebase Support team is here to help! Please email our support team at email@example.com with your personal information and we can immediately disable access to your account on your behalf temporarily.
Once you get a new phone, you can easily unfreeze your card under Manage Card in the app.
Your card is linked to your universal Homebase mobile app. To reset your password, please follow the standard password reset procedure found here.
On the Homebase Mobile App:
- Tap Forgot password
- Confirm your email address and click the “send sign in” link
- If your email is set up through your phone, click the email link to open your email app. If not, visit your email
- Tap the link in the email to automatically sign in to Homebase
From the Web:
- Head to the Homebase sign-in page
- Click Forgot password
- Confirm your email address and click the “send sign in” link
- Check your email. (The subject link is Homebase Forgot Password.)
- Click the link in the email to automatically sign in to Homebase
If you are already signed in to your Homebase account and wish to update your password, click your name in the upper right corner, then click My Settings. Click Your Account in the left navigation and then Change Password and follow the prompts to enter your new password.
There are two ways to reset your PIN.
If you remember your old PIN, you are able to reset your PIN in the app:
- Go to the Card Management section (i.e. through the settings page)
- Go to your Physical Card and select “Change PIN” as an option
- You will be prompted to enter in your old PIN and the new PIN you would like to change it to; the PIN number can be between 4 to 6 digits only
- Once confirmed, press “Change PIN” at the bottom and if successful, you will see a PIN changed successfully message
If you do not remember your old PIN, you must call our partner VISA for assistance:
- Please call the VISA support line at +1 833 333-0417 and the team will be able to assist with your request
- Once confirmed, your new PIN will be automatically updated in our system and you will be able to use that new PIN immediately
If there are any issues, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist you in resetting your PIN.
We’re sorry to hear and we’re here to help. In order to protect your account from any unauthorized changes, we have limited the number of failed PIN reset attempts allowed with a lockout period. After the maximum number of PIN reset attempts, you will be unable to make further changes for 24 hours. Please wait until this period passes to try again.
If you have forgotten your PIN and would like to reset it, please contact our partner VISA for assistance at +1 833 333-0417 and they will assist you with a new PIN. If you have any other questions or need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
We’re here to help! If you believe either your virtual or physical card is compromised, we first recommend you freeze it in the app to prevent someone else from using it.
You can freeze your cards by going to the Manage Card dashboard, selecting the card you wish to freeze (virtual or physical), and tapping on the Freeze card button. For a more detailed guide, please check out this Help Center article here.
Please keep in mind that:
- If your physical card is compromised, you can still continue to use your virtual card (and vice versa). Additionally, if your virtual card is compromised, you can get a new one right away that can be used
- If you have any auto-billing or payment setups on your compromised card, you will need to change those payment details to your new card when it’s available
To request a new card, contact the Homebase Money support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone and mention that your card was lost, stolen, or compromised. Our team will confirm your details and approve a replacement for you. Homebase does not charge a replacement card fee. Once approved, we will either:
- Create a new virtual card for you (if the virtual card is compromised) or
- Mail you a new physical card (if the physical card is compromised). A physical card will take between 7 to 10 business days to arrive.
If your address has changed, you can update your address in the Homebase Pay Any Day Visa Debit Card app by going to your settings dashboard, going to profile then clicking the pencil icon to edit. A more detailed guide is available here if needed:
If you have lost your phone and believe your card may have been compromised, please follow the steps above to freeze your card and request a replacement. This will not impact your card status or your device at all.
Finally, if you are unable to log in or continue to have difficulties with a compromised card, please contact our Customer Support team at email@example.com.
Plaid is a company that we use to connect Homebase to your bank account. They are a trusted company that currently supports over 9,600 financial institutions, from national banks to local credit unions. We use them to help link external bank accounts and move money between linked accounts.
Troubleshooting - Other Issues (Transfers, Status, Etc.)
With your Homebase Pay Any Day Visa Debit Card card, you can get cash at an ATM that is part of the network (i.e. ATMs except Allpoint ATMs), typically for a small fee charged by the ATM operator. You can withdraw up to $500 per day at any non-Allpoint ATM.
In addition, you will also be able to get an Over-the-Counter “OTC” cash withdrawal, generally up to a maximum of $300, from most major retailers and gas stations across the country, such as Albertsons, ALDI, CVS, Kroger, Walmart, Chevron among others. While most providers will have no fee and no limitations other than a maximum withdrawal limit, there will be some providers that may charge a small fee or impose a minimum purchase size.
To access an OTC cash withdrawal, simply request a cashback from the merchant when you check out (either through a selected option at checkout or request at the counter). You will get charged for both your purchase and the amount you wish to withdraw and will receive the equivalent amount of cash requested back.
Homebase does not charge any fees for using the Pay Any Day Visa Debit card at an ATM. However, you may see a standard ATM withdrawal fee (usually between $2 to $5 on average) when you make a withdrawal at an ATM.
Not right now — we currently only support one user per account. Sharing or duplicate accounts are not supported. You can see our terms of service for more details.
To access routing and account information:
- Go to Settings by clicking the gear icon under Homebase Money
- Under Manage accounts, select View Homebase account info
- You will see the name of our partner bank as well as your routing and account number
Moving money from one account to another is fast and easy. This can be done under Transfer money from your account. To access it:
- Select the account you’d like to move money to or from under Homebase Money
- Tap Move Money > Transfer Money
- Update the From and To options based on how you want to move your money
- Review and approve — you’re all done!
If you have questions about linking an active account instead, follow these steps here. If you have any questions about moving money from one account to another, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be happy to investigate.
You can add or link new accounts under Money in the Homebase app. Select your account, tap Transfer, then choose Link a Bank Account. We currently use a third-party service called Plaid to help verify and link any external bank accounts.
If your bank is listed: Simply go through the steps outlined by Plaid by selecting your bank and verifying your identity and information to link your account.
If you do not see your bank listed: Plaid will use an alternative way to verify your account through same-day micro deposit as your bank isn’t currently integrated with Plaid.
- After entering in your information, Plaid will make two deposits, $0.99 or less, into your account within a few days.
- Once you see the two deposits, please go back to the linked account menu, confirm the two deposits, and you will verify your bank account to be linked.
- Plaid will then withdraw the two deposits from your account, so please ensure you have at least $1.98 in your account during that time.
We’re sorry to hear that and our team is here to help. Please first confirm if you were able to locate your bank or not when going through the Plaid flow.
If you were able to locate your bank: We recommend waiting for an hour or two and then trying again. Sometimes Plaid will experience issues due to things like bank server reliability or online banking system upgrades or changes which can prevent your request from going through.
If you were not able to locate your bank and went through the micro-deposit process: It can take a full business day for the two deposits to arrive in your account. This will not include weekends (so requests on Friday or the weekend are expected to arrive on Monday). Please wait for a full business day to see if the deposits have arrived.
If you followed the steps above and are still having issues linking your bank account, please contact email@example.com and we can investigate for you.
Sorry to hear that! Sometimes there might be a bit of a delay with the money movement.
For ACH transfers, it can take up to 2 to 3 business days for the transaction to process. For transfers relating to your card, it may, in certain circumstances, take up to a full day to process.
Additionally, transactions made after 3 PM or made during a weekend or holiday, will be processed on the next business day. For example, if a transaction is made on Friday at 4:30 PM EST, it will get processed on the next business day, in this case, on Monday.
If a transaction is taking much longer than the timeframe mentioned above, please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist.
We’re sorry to hear that. Below, you can find more information about common reasons your move or transfer is not completing, and how to resolve it.
- System error: If you are getting a system error, we recommend you wait before trying the transaction again as it could be related to a temporary issue or system update.
- Balanced related: We will inform you of the problem if it’s related to a balance issue or limit issue. If you wish to understand your daily and monthly limits, refer to our Help Centre here.
- Plaid-related: There may be issues with the connection as we work with a third-party provider called Plaid. Please wait some time and try again.
If you tried the troubleshooting steps above and continue to experience issues, please reach out to us at email@example.com and we’d be happy to help!
Most ACH transfers will be successfully processed and posted to your counterparty bank within 2 to 3 business days, excluding any holidays. You will receive a confirmation email that your transfer has been initiated. Based on NACHA standards, transfers submitted before 3 PM ET will be processed on the same business day, while transfers submitted after 3 PM ET will be processed the following business day.
If you have not received an update after 4 business days on your ACH transfer, excluding any weekends or holidays, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to investigate.
We’ve listed some of the common reasons and troubleshooting steps below on why you might be getting an error when doing an ACH transfer:
- Exceeding your daily or monthly limits: You might be exceeding the total transfer limit, either on a daily or monthly basis. Currently, the limits are set for $2,500 total ACH transfers per day and $25,000 on a monthly basis.
- Insufficient funds: Either your Homebase or external bank account might not have the available funds to transfer. Please verify the account balance before trying again.
- App error: In some rare circumstances, you may get an app error message. We suggest waiting for a few minutes before attempting to try again.
- Plaid error: There may be an error with our third-party provider Plaid needing to do a re-authentication. If this is the case, please follow the steps to re-authenticate your account.
If you were unable to resolve your issue by following the steps above or are seeing another error message not mentioned, please reach out to our support team at email@example.com for assistance.
Before making any ACH transfer, please ensure that all of your details and transaction information are accurate. To cancel your ACH transfer, please reach out to our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone. Please keep in mind that an ACH transaction cannot be canceled after it’s processed.
Once your ACH transfer has been canceled, you will receive a confirmation email of the cancellation and no further action will be required from you. You will see an offsetting transaction to the original transaction in your transaction history and you will receive the full balance back to your account alongside a confirmation email.
If the transaction has been successfully processed, you will no longer be able to cancel it. Depending on the circumstances of your transaction, if you believe the transaction to be an error, you may call our Customer Support team and we will attempt to work with our partners to reverse the transaction.
We are sorry that you saw a rejection when you attempted to pull money from your external bank account into Homebase. You should’ve gotten an email confirming the rejection as well as a reason for why it happened. We recommend that you try again by pushing the money from your external bank account into Homebase instead.