This covers how to build a schedule from a computer. For how to build a schedule from the Homebase mobile app, click here.
We offer 3 different scheduling views for adding shifts and tracking your labor costs:
- Employee view (default): Add shifts to individual employees
- Role view: Add shifts based on role types
- Department view: Add shifts, track labor, and publish by individual departments. Department scheduling is a premium feature available on our Plus plan. Read more about it here.
Switch between views easily with the view selector on the schedule builder:
- Add shifts
- Add shifts by clicking on the schedule's cells. Set the shift time, role, color, and whether it should repeat on other days of the week.
- Duplicate shifts by hovering over a shift block and clicking the + icon.
- Edit shifts by clicking on the shift block, making your edits, and clicking Save.
- Delete shifts by hovering over a shift block and clicking the trash icon or by clicking on a shift block and clicking Delete, then Save.
- Unpublished shifts will be white with a color border
- Publish the schedule
- When you've added your shifts, click the green publish button in the top right corner of the Schedule page
- Shifts are not visible to employees in their Homebase web account or mobile app until you publish them
- The unpublished shifts will fill in with color once they are published
- Choose to notify employees
- Every time you publish, you can choose if you want to notify employees of the new schedule
- Depending on what option you select, and their personal alert settings, employees will be notified of a new schedule by email, text message, or push notification.