Publish individual schedules and report on your labor costs by department.
Department Scheduling is a premium feature available on our Plus plan.
- From your Homebase web dashboard, go to Schedule > Departments
- Click the green Add New Department button and enter the department name
- Click the green check to save the department
Creating Roles & Assigning them to Departments
- Usually, roles are created from the schedule builder as you are adding new shifts
- From the Departments page at Schedule > Departments, you can assign a role to a department by searching for the role in the available field
- You create also create brand new roles from the Departments page by typing the name of the new role into the department where you want the role to be
Building a Department Schedule
- From your Homebase web dashboard, visit the schedule & change to the Department view
- You will see your schedule broken out by Department with roles inside
- Add shifts to each role/department by clicking the individual cells and assigning specific employees. To make things easier, we show you the employees that are in that role/department at the top of the Assign Employees list.
Assigning a Manager to Schedule for a Department
- Enable the setting to limit managers to build schedules for their departments only from Settings > Schedule
- Add managers to departments from the Departments page at Schedule > Departments
Looking at Your Labor Costs by Department
Access useful breakdowns of your labor costs by department:
- From the By Dept. tab of the Budget Forecast bar from the Schedule Builder
- Via the Departments report