Mark dates as holidays and pay employees who work, at a higher hourly rate.
Holiday Pay is a premium feature available on our Plus plan.
Enabling Holiday Pay
- From your Homebase web dashboard, go to Settings > Holiday Pay
- Click the checkbox to turn Holiday Pay on
- Set the holiday pay rate that you wish to apply to employee's timecards. Like overtime, employee's hours that are recorded on a holiday will be multiplied by the holiday pay rate.
- Click the green Save Changes button to save your settings
There are two ways to mark a date as a Holiday:
- At Settings > Holiday Pay, create holidays in the table by specifying a date and name for each holiday. Click the pencil or trash icons to edit/delete existing holidays, respectively.
- Directly on the schedule builder by creating an Event and marking it as a holiday
Please note: Holidays do not currently recur.
How Holidays Impact Employee Timesheets
Assuming you've created a holiday and set a holiday pay rate, any employees that work on that holiday, will see their hours in the Holiday Pay column on their timesheet. We use the Holiday pay rate multiplier that you have set to calculate their estimated wages.