Save your time, paper, and breath with our easy time off tracking. Access advanced features for greater control over employee requests.
Time Off (Basic Plan)
- All Homebase customers are able to have employees request time off and respond to their requests out-of-the-box
- Employees can request time off from their web account or the mobile app. Managers are notified of new requests and can approve/decline.
- Managers can also add time off on behalf of employees and respond to employee requests all from the schedule builder making it easy to forecast any shortages.
Time Off Manager (Essentials Plan)
Customers on the Essentials plan gain access to our advanced Time Off Manager. Key Benefits:
- View and respond to all requests in one place
- View employees' request history by month, including which manager approved or declined
- View employees' time off totals by time off category
Advanced Time Off Features (Plus Plan)
When enrolled in our Plus plan, take control of your employee’s time-off requests by utilizing our new and improved Advanced Time-Off Manager.
Gain access to the following features:
1.) Restrict time off requests after a certain number of days in advance.
2.) Black-out dates (disallow employees to request time-off for certain days such as staff meetings or holidays).
Similarly, you get all of the features included in the Essentials Time-Off Manager version such as:
1.) View history and look at future requests – Ability to see exactly who approved time-off, when it was requested, approved, and identify future requests.
2.) Individual view – View total accumulation by employee
3.) Set limits – Ability to set a maximum number of employees who can take any one-day off
(Read the Support Article for the Essentials version of the Time-Off Manager here.)
FAQs from Admins
How do employees request time off?
- Two ways: From the free mobile app (recommended) or by signing in to their Homebase web account on a computer. Managers will be notified by email, push notification to the mobile app, or via the Alerts bell in the header of the web dashboard.
How do I see employees' time off requests?
- New time off requests are displayed directly on the schedule builder (all part of our Basic plan).
- To view an employee's time off history or to view how much they have requested off by category, you need the Time Off Manager on our Essentials plan.
How do I limit employees from taking time off on special days?
- Add a time off black-out date to the schedule builder (available on our Plus plan) and limit the number of employees that can request time off on that day - perfect for special events where you need all hands on deck!
- To create a time off black-out date, click the Tools icon on the Schedule and select 'Add time off black out'. Enter your dates and the maximum number of employees that can take time off.
- If employees try to request time off during a black-out period and the employee limit has already been reached, we'll let them know and they will be unable to send a request.
How do I prevent employees from requesting time off at the last minute?
- Specify how many days ahead an employee must request time off for (available on our Plus plan). To do so, visit Settings > Time Off.