Let everyone know when they're working, forecast your labor costs, and manage changes on the fly. The basics for finally getting your whole team on the same page.
We offer a number of ways to view and build a schedule:
- By Employee - assign shifts and publish by individual employees (the default view)
- By Role - assign shifts to various roles
- By Department - assign shifts and publish by individual departments
You can also view by different periods, depending on how you like to schedule:
- By Day, Week, or Month
Adding, Editing, and Deleting Shifts
You can build schedules from both the web and our free mobile app. For the best experience, we recommend using the web version of our schedule builder.
- Sign in to your admin web dashboard at app.joinhomebase.com and click the Schedule tab
- Add shifts to employee rows by clicking on cells and entering the shift form details.
- When you add a shift it will be white with a color border, this indicates that the shift is unpublished and cannot be seen by your team
- Edit and delete shifts by clicking on shift blocks, editing and saving your changes, or clicking the delete button to delete completely.
Publishing and Notifying Employees
- Once you have added all your shifts, you need to publish the schedule for it to be visible to employees.
- The green Publish button signals that you have shifts to be published.
- After you click publish, you will be given the option of which employees should be notified of the new schedule: everyone, only those employees with changes, or no-one.
- Employees will be alerted of a new schedule via email and push notification to the mobile app. Customers on the Essentials plan can notify employees by SMS too.
- All unpublished shifts will fill in with color once they are published.
Copying Schedules to Future Weeks
- Reduce your scheduling time even further with the Copy feature.
- Click the Copy button to copy the current week's schedule to the following week.
Creating Schedule Templates
- Do you have multiple schedules for different periods? Save a schedule to a template that you can apply at any time in the future.
- First create your schedule, then click the Tools menu, and Save Schedule to Template.
- To apply a template, navigate to the new week, click the Tools menu, and click Add Shifts from a Template.