Homebase offers two essential services: time tracking and scheduling. Scheduling refers to the ability to assign shifts and roles to your employees. There are many settings you can choose from as you set up the ideal schedule. Need to set up time tracking? Check out instructions here.
Build schedules with multiple views
We offer a number of ways to view and build a schedule:
- By Employee. Assign shifts and publish schedules by individual employees (the default view).
- By Role. Assign shifts to various roles.
- By Department. Assign shifts and publish schedules by individual departments.
- You can also view by Day, Week, or Month.
Add shifts to your schedule
For the best experience, we recommend using the web version of our schedule builder.
- Sign in to your Homebase account.
- Select the Schedule tab in the top navigation bar.
- Note the date range for the week in the upper left corner. You can advance or go back a week using the arrows.
- To create a shift for an employee, select the box under the date and across from their name. Click ADD+.
- The scheduling window will pop up. Set the start and end time for the shift.
- You can add or create a role from the drop-down menu.
- Assign a color to the shift.
- Click Add.
- Make sure to click Publish when you are ready to publish the schedule for your employees.
Edit and delete shifts
- Click on the shift block you wish to edit or delete.
- To edit, change shift info and click Save.
- To delete the shift, click Delete.
Publish a schedule and notify employees
- Once you have added all your shifts, you need to publish the schedule for it to be visible to employees.
- If the green Publish button is available in the upper right corner of your page, that signals that you have shifts yet to be published.
- To publish shifts, click Publish.
- After you click publish, you will be given the option of which employees should be notified of the new schedule: everyone, only those employees with changes, or no-one.
- Employees will be alerted of a new schedule via email and push notification to the mobile app.
- All unpublished shifts will fill in with color once they are published.