Let everyone know when they're working, forecast your labor costs, and manage changes on the fly. The basics for finally getting your whole team on the same page.
We offer a number of ways to view and build a schedule:
- By Employee - assign shifts and publish by individual employees (the default view)
- By Role - assign shifts to various roles
- By Department - assign shifts and publish by individual departments
You can also view by different periods, depending on how you like to schedule:
- By Day, Week, or Month
You can build schedules from both the web and our free mobile app. For the best experience, we recommend using the web version of our schedule builder.
- Sign in to your Homebase account at app.joinhomebase.com
- On the top navigation bar, select Schedule
- Note the date range for the week in the upper left corner (You can advance or go back a week using the arrows)
- To create a shift for an employee, select the box under the date and across from their name
- The scheduling window will pop up. Set the begin time and end time for the shift
- You can add or create a role from the drop-down menu
- Assign a color to the shift (this color will be remembered)
- Select Add to Schedule
Editing and Deleting Shifts
- Edit and delete shifts by clicking on shift blocks, editing and saving your changes, or clicking the delete button to delete completely.
Publishing and Notifying Employees
- Once you have added all your shifts, you need to publish the schedule for it to be visible to employees.
- The green Publish button signals that you have shifts to be published.
- After you click publish, you will be given the option of which employees should be notified of the new schedule: everyone, only those employees with changes, or no-one.
- Employees will be alerted of a new schedule via email and push notification to the mobile app. Customers on the Essentials plan can notify employees by SMS too.
- All unpublished shifts will fill in with color once they are published.
Copying Schedules to Future Weeks
- Reduce your scheduling time even further with the Copy feature.
- Click the Copy button to copy the current week's schedule to the following week.
Creating Schedule Templates
- Do you have multiple schedules for different periods? Save a schedule to a template that you can apply at any time in the future.
- First create your schedule, then click the Tools menu, and Save Schedule to Template.
- To apply a template, navigate to the new week, click the Tools menu, and click Add Shifts from a Template.
- From your Homebase Employee Scheduling app, click Schedule on the navigation bar
- Click the Build a Schedule button to begin scheduling your employees
- Select the employee, the role they’ll be working, you can color code their shift, and add notes for them to view when they clock-in
- To add a shift to an existing schedule, click Add on the upper right-hand corner
- You can also make adjustments to an existing shift from your Schedule page by clicking the row with the employee’s scheduled shift you’d like to edit
- When you’re done, remember to tap the Publish button at the bottom of the page to notify your team