In this article we will cover:
- How to turn on the Mobile Time Clock
- How to turn on Geofencing
- How to set up your team with the Mobile Time Clock
Click here to learn more about Time Clock Settings.
How to turn on the Mobile Time Clock
1. Click Settings in the bottom left
2. Select Time Clock Options under Time Tracking
3. Check the box next to Mobile Time Clock
4. If you want to allow employees to clock in even when they are not on the schedule, check the box next to Allow unscheduled shift clock-in from the mobile app.
5. Follow the steps below to set your geofence.
6. Save Changes in the top right when finished
If the Mobile Time Clock is not enabled, employees can still use the mobile app for other Homebase features but will not be able to clock in from the mobile app.
Geofencing with Homebase limits your employee's mobile app clock ins to a specific range around an address.
Please note: Homebase allows only one geofence per location.
1. Follow these steps to turn on the Mobile Time Clock
2. Check the box next to Enable Geofence
3. Type the address of your business in the box that says Add an address.
- Once you add in the address, this text box will automatically populate its coordinates.
- If you already have an address in your Location's Basic Info, it will automatically populate with the coordinates of your business.
4. Click the Select drop down to select the radius of your geofence.
- Currently our geofence options are 150ft, one block, or five blocks.
5. Zoom in/out using the plus (+) or minus (-) button or scroll wheel on your mouse & be sure the pin is in the exact location.
- If you need to adjust the geofence center, click & drag the red pin to the exact location you would like to see on the map.
6. Save Changes in the top right when finished.
How to set up your team with the Mobile Time Clock
1. Add a valid e-mail and/or mobile number for team members: In order for employees to use the Homebase Time Clock, they must have a valid e-mail or phone number added to their profile.
- Once employees accept the invite to join the business team, they will be able to log in to the mobile app on their iOS or Android devices.
Click here to learn more about managing your team in Homebase.
2. Enable Mobile Time Clock: Follow the steps above to turn on the Mobile Time Clock.
- If the Mobile Time Clock is not enabled, employees can still use the mobile app for other Homebase features but will not be able to clock in from the mobile app.
3. Download the Mobile App: From the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, have your team download the app named Homebase Employee Scheduling.
- Homebase Employee Scheduling: this is the mobile app used for individual employees and managers. This app gives employees access to the Mobile Time Clock.
Apple App Store (Android) Google Play Store
- Time Clock by Homebase: this is the tablet app used for tablet clock-in for all employees. This app does not function the same as the Homebase Employee Scheduling app.
Location services within the mobile device must be enabled in order for the mobile time clock to work properly.