In this article we will cover:
- How to Set Up your Tablet Time Clock
- Unscheduled Shift Role Selection
- How Employees use the Tablet Time Clock
The Tablet Time Clock does not need to be turned on or enabled, downloading the app & following the steps below will give you access to the Time Clock by Homebase App.
How to Set Up your Tablet Time Clock
1. From the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, download the app named Time Clock by Homebase. When searching for "Homebase" in their App Store, you may see two options:
- Time Clock by Homebase: this is the tablet app used for tablet clock-in for all employees. Please download Time Clock By Homebase.
- Homebase Employee Scheduling: this is the mobile app used for individual employees
Please Note: The Time Clock by Homebase app is not compatible with Amazon Fire Tablets.
2. Once the Time Clock app has been downloaded, sign in using Owner credentials.
- If an employee attempts to log in to the tablet time clock, they will receive an error message that says User not authorized to sign in.
3. When prompted, allow for Camera and Location Access.
- To use Shift Pics (☆ Essentials): camera access must be enabled and the tablet must remain in the landscape orientation.
4. App Orientation
- For Apple iPads, the app can only be used in the landscape orientation
- For Android Tablets, the app can be used in Portrait or Landscape
Unscheduled Shift Role Selection
If you want to allow employees to choose a role when they clock into an unscheduled shift, check the box next to Unscheduled Shift Role Selection. You can turn this feature on in your Settings under Time Clock Options.
- Shift Role Selection: (☆ Plus) Allow employees to clock into unscheduled shifts to select a role to assign to the shift. Employees will be able to select their assigned roles or "no role".
- Enabling this setting for Tablet Time Clock enables it for Mobile Time Clock as well.
- By default, "Allow unscheduled shift clock-in" is enabled for tablet & web time clocks. This option cannot be disabled.
- To prevent unscheduled shift clock-ins, Employers can enable Prevent Early Clock-in as a workaround. (☆ Essentials)
How Employees use the Tablet Time Clock
- Employees will use their Homebase PINs to clock in and out on the Tablet Time Clock.
- PINs are automatically generated when employees are added to Homebase.
- PINs can be updated by Users with Manager Access in the Employee Profile. (Click here to learn more about Team Management)
- Employees can see their PINs when they log into the mobile app or Homebase website.
- For employees that do not have active profiles (due to missing contact info), an Owner or Manager will have to provide the Employees with their PIN directly.
How Employees Clock In on the Tablet Time Clock
- Employees will come to the terminal & put in their PIN. Homebase will take a photo of the employee clocking in if the tablet has a front camera.
- If the employee is scheduled they will select their shift to clock in.
- If the Unscheduled Shift Role Selection is turned on, and the employee is not scheduled, the employee will have the option to select a role.
- Homebase will confirm the employee clock in, & will update your timesheets automatically.
- If your employee is already clocked in for a shift, they may have an option. to clock out or take a break.