One of the standout features within Homebase is the Schedule Builder, a powerful tool that can revolutionize your team's scheduling. When you create a schedule with Homebase, you gain the ability to build schedules and establish templates for future weeks with ease. By the end of this article, you'll have a deep understanding of how to make the most of this feature to enhance your team's scheduling efficiency.
Things to do before making the schedule
- Set up your Departments and Roles
- Departments and roles in Homebase help keep you and your team organized while managing different parts of your team. By setting up departments and roles ahead of time, you can make sure all the roles needed are available to assign when adding team members.
- Add your team to your Homebase account
- Add your team to your Homebase account to see them on the schedule. By adding your employee's contact information, they can also receive alerts about new schedules, announcements, changes, and more!
- Set the Start of your Work Week & Schedule Start Time
- Customize your schedule by adding in the start of your work week & schedule start time in your settings. These settings will help by showing the week & times by your teams preferences in the schedule builder.
Step 1: Adding shifts to the schedule
In each Schedule View, a shift can be added by hovering over the cell that you want to create for the day and/or person.
Step 2: Review the Schedule & Publish
- Once your schedule is complete, review the schedule and click Publish in the top right corner.
- Before you publish your schedule, you can review your schedule's summary including Total Shifts, Total Hours, Total Labor Costs, and Scheduled Departments.
- You can also choose who you want to be notified on your team. If your employees have the Homebase app, or you have added their contact information, they will be notified according to your choice here.
- Once everything looks good, you can click Publish in the bottom right corner.
- If your schedule repeats in the next weeks, you can choose to repeat the schedule here. It will not publish the schedule, but copy the shift info to the next weeks that you choose.
Advanced Scheduling Features
- Auto Scheduling: Auto scheduling allows you to set rules so Homebase can make sure the shifts you need are covered accordingly.
- Templates: Create a template of your schedule in Homebase so you can avoid repeating the same entries. When a template is created, you can copy & paste the same shift as many times as you need!