In some states, if an employee misses their required break, they are entitled to additional pay to make up for the missed break.
To enable this feature:
- Sign in to your Homebase account.
- Select the Settings tab in the top navigation bar.
- Click Breaks & Compliance in the left navigation bar.
- After selecting your break options, check the box next to "Award additional paid hours for missed breaks."
- Enter the number of hours the employee will receive in pay if a break is missed. (It is recommended to check with your state and local labor laws to confirm the correct settings.)
- Click Save Changes in the upper right corner of the screen to finalize.