In some states, if an employee misses their required break, they are entitled to additional pay to make up for the missed break. We are able to accommodate this on our Plus and Enterprise plans.
To enable this feature:
- Sign in to your Homebase account.
- Select the Settings tab in the top navigation bar.
- Click Breaks & Compliance in the left navigation bar.
- After selecting your break options, check the box next to "Award additional paid hours for missed breaks."
- Enter the number of hours the employee will receive in pay if a break is missed. (It is recommended to check with your state and local labor laws to confirm the correct settings.)
- Click Save Changes in the upper right corner of the screen to finalize.