Homebase integrates with Quickbooks Online Plus. (The integration is currently not available with other editions of Quickbooks.) The integration allows you to automatically push labor hours tracked through Homebase time cards to your Quickbooks account.
Info that syncs:
- Regular hours.
- Employee info.
- We recommend adding your new employees to Homebase first. For existing employees, Homebase tries to match their info in Quickbooks, using the following data, in order: Payroll ID, Email, Phone, Name.
Info that does not sync:
- Overtime hours or other paid hours, such as PTO or penalties.
- Wage rates.
- Inactive employees.
- Connecting your accounts
- Sign in to your Homebase account.
- Select the Team tab in the top navigation bar.
- Add all of the names of your employees if you haven’t already done so.
- Select the Timesheets tab in the top navigation bar.
- Click Export in the upper right corner of the page.
- Select to export to Quickbooks.
- You will be redirected to Quickbooks login screen to connect your account, at which point the employee profiles will be linked.
Q: As I continue to grow, should I add employees to Homebase first or Quickbooks first?
A: We recommend adding your employees to Homebase first. This may happen automatically when you add employees through our POS sync with an integrated POS.
Q: If I have multiple locations do they sync all at once, or will I select which ones to connect to my Quickbooks account?
A: You will select each location individually.
Q: Why didn’t my employees export to Quickbooks?
A: If you already had a payroll ID entered from another provider, this would prevent a successful export. Remove any out of date info from Homebase employee accounts before syncing.
Q: Why did Homebase import old employees from Quickbooks?
A: Homebase will not import employees from Quickbooks if they are not active OR the employee has a release date.
Q: If I only have one Quickbooks account but multiple locations on Homebase, will my employee's hours across locations sync to Quickbooks?
A: No, Quickbooks can only sync with ONE Homebase location at a time. Quickbooks will only accept data from the most recently synced Homebase location. Any locations that were attached prior do not work. Which means QBO can only sync with ONE Homebase location at a time.