Homebase allows you to approve and lock Timesheets for payroll. Once a time card is approved, it is locked from future edits – only managers with permission can edit approved time cards.
Enable timesheet approval
- Sign in to your Homebase account.
- Select Settings in the top navigation bar.
- Select Payroll in the left navigation.
- Check the box that reads “Lock timesheets after approval”.
- Save Changes in the top right corner.
- Select Timesheets in the top navigation bar.
- Set the date range in the top left corner.
- Select Approve All in the top right corner to lock all timesheets for the pay period.
- If you do not want to Approve All, you can approve individual timesheets by locating the employee’s timesheet and checking the box all the way to the right of the shift.
- Approve in the top right to lock.
If a manager tries to edit an approved time card, either on the web Timesheets or Homebase time clock devices, they will receive a warning that they are trying to edit an already approved time card and will not be allowed to continue.