Homebase has a world-class team messaging feature built directly into the mobile app on iPhone, Android phone, as well as the Homebase website on your computer. Send messages with text, photos, your current location on a map, and cover requests all through Homebase messaging.
Homebase offers a number of groups pre-created for your business to help you communicate quickly and easily:
- Entire Team group: Every team member at a location will be included in the Entire Team group chat, and as employees join or leave your team, they’ll automatically be added or removed as participants
- All Managers group: just like the Entire Team chat, however this group consists only of managers, general managers, and owners of a location
- Celebration group: every team member is also part of this fun group message to celebrate team milestones and accomplishments
In addition to the chats above, team members can create a one on one chat or group chats with a fixed number of participants. Tap on the new message button to start a new conversation. You can even have Homebase auto-select all team members who are scheduled to work today or tomorrow from the list for you. There is no limit to the number of team members who can be part of a conversation.
Accessing Messages on the Homebase Mobile App
- Once you’ve signed in to the Homebase app on your phone, you can access the messaging feature by tapping on the Messages tab on the bottom menu
- All conversations in which you’ve sent or received messages will be displayed
- A red badge will appear with a count of the unread messages any time you have unread messages waiting for you
Accessing Messages on the Homebase Website
After signing in at app.joinhomebase.com, click on the chat bubble icon in the top right corner of the screen and a window will slide open to display all your conversations