- Post a Job - Select from more that 100 expertly written job descriptions. You can edit the job details to fit your needs or create your own. When you click Post, Homebase sends the job to top local job boards.
- Attract Even More Applicants - Share your post on your Facebook page, optimize your careers page, opt into paid posts and more.
- Review Applicants - Applicants from all sources are collected in a single place that makes it easy to review candidates, schedule interviews, communicate with applicants and track status.
- Hire an Applicant - Once you’ve selected the best applicant, import them to your team with a single click.
Post a Job
- Create Your Job Description
- Optimize Your Post
- Verify Your Business
- View/Edit Your Post
- Receive Notifications
Create Your Job Description
- Go to the Hiring tab. People with manager, GM and owner permissions can access this page unless you change the default settings (Settings > Team Permissions > Manage Hiring)
- Search for a pre-written job description. Don’t see what you need? Create a new one.
- Select the location and click continue.
Optimize Your Post
Once you’ve selected or created a job description, you can add polish and personality to your post.
- Add a wage or a wage range. More applicants respond to posts when they know the pay.
- Add availability. This can attract more applicants as well.
- Review the job description to ensure that it meets your needs. Give it personality to attract the type of candidates who will succeed at your business.
- Note that you can only post for one candidate at a time. Job boards do not allow you to submit posts that say things like, “We’re hiring 5 servers.” This does not prevent you from hiring more than one applicant from the same post.
- Click Post.
Verify Your Business
It’s important for candidates to have the confidence that your job post is authentic. For your safety and the safety of candidates, we collect some information to verify your business the first time you post. We do not ask for this information again.
A note about posting to Indeed:
Indeed is a very popular job board. Homebase must collect your specific permission to post to Indeed on your behalf. If you don’t provide this permission, your posts may not be approved for publishing.
View/Edit Your Job Post
Our partner job boards review posts for authenticity. This may take 1 - 3 business days. Your free job posts are sent to local boards on Indeed, Google, ZipRecruiter and more. The job will post to your own careers page immediately.
Posts are active for 30 days unless you deactivate them sooner. Homebase will alert you before the job post expires. You can reactivate a post at any time. Applicants that apply to prior posts are preserved.
Any edits you make to you job post on Homebase Hiring will be reflected on the local job boards we post to within 1 business day.
Visit your Settings > Alerts & Notifications page and scroll to Hiring Notifications to manage how you receive alerts when new applicants come in.
Attract Even More Applicants
- Select Share Your Job on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. Authenticate for your business and/or personal social media page to post the job there. Applicants from Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn appear on the applicant management page. Be sure to set job posts to Public on Facebook to ensure that the maximum number of people see it.
- Copy & Share the link to your job page. You can add this link to your website, share it on social channels and give it to employees to share. Employees are a great source of candidates and when they share the link, all applicants appear on your applicant management page.
- Select “Get More Applicants” on your Hiring Dashboard. Homebase will securely collect payment and send your post to Craigslist and other premium boards. This may take up to one business day. Applicants from these posts also appear in your centralized applicant management page.
- Manage Your Careers Page. When you create your first job on Homebase, we create dedicate job page for your business. If you have more than one location, each location will appear on your page. Click the Career Page link on your Job Dashboard to optimize the page.
- Click edit and then click the logo and background photo sections to add a logo and a great background photo.
- Add a description to tell candidates what makes your business a great place to work.
- Ensure that the addresses are accurate for each location you have.
- As with your individual job posts, you can share your Careers Page on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and more.
- Visit the Hiring section of Homebase.
- On your job board you’ll see the total number of applicants and the new applicants for each job; for instance - 12 (2 new) means that you have 12 total applicants and 2 applications have come in since you last visited the manage applicants page.
- Click the applicants to visit the manage applicants page.
- The list of applicants is ordered by newest (on top) to oldest. Click through this list. Use Favorites (the heart icon) and Declined (the thumbs down icon) to quickly sort through candidates. Neither of these actions communicates status to applicants.
- Once you’ve sorted your applicants, use the filters on the applicant list to take action.
- Click schedule.
- Select the time and date you’d like to schedule an interview with the applicant. If other candidates are scheduled for this role you will see them in this view. You can schedule applicants for the same time and dates. At this time, this view is not integrated with other calendars.
- Next, select the interview type (in person, phone) and add any info - such as the address - for the candidate.
- Click schedule interview.
- Homebase will email and SMS the applicant with the interview information. The message includes the venue, job, date, type, and notes.
- The interview information will also be added to the candidate page timeline.
Hire an Applicant
- Once you select the applicant(s) you’d like to hire, Click Mark as Hired on the applicant management page. Homebase does not send any communication to the applicant when they are marked as hired.
- The applicant is added to the team for the location.
- Visit the team page to add wage, role, other locations, etc. to the applicant profile.
- Be sure to invite the employee to get the Homebase team app. Employees who use the app receive shift reminders, messages, break reminders and more, improving attendance and increasing success.
- You can hire as many applicants as you need for each role.