With our integration with RUN powered by ADP, Homebase will push timecards to RUN, and employee info will sync over from RUN.
Info that syncs:
- Employee data (name, email, phone, and payroll ID)
- Pay period dates
- Department code
- Employee ID
- Base hours
- Overtime hours
- Double overtime hours
- Cash tips
- Credit card tips
This integration does not support the following features in RUN. Please ensure they are disabled before proceeding with the integration:
- Run and Done
- ADP Time & Attendance
We do not recommend this integration for Homebase customers that have:
- Multiple locations
- Multiple wage rates
- Primarily contractors
- Contractor hours can be tracked in Homebase but they will not sync to RUN. You must manually add these hours into RUN.
- Connecting your accounts
- Find Homebase in the ADP Marketplace.
- After subscribing to Homebase via ADP Marketplace, launch Homebase by clicking on My Apps and clicking the Homebase icon.
- Sign in to your Homebase account.
- Select the Settings tab in the top navigation bar.
- Select Payroll from the navigation bar on the left.
- Click Connect next to ADP RUN.
- Sync your employees
- When you first sign in to Homebase after purchasing it in the ADP Marketplace, you’ll land on the Team page.
- If you are new to Homebase, you’ll import employees from RUN to Homebase.
- If you already have a Homebase account, you’ll match and sync your employees from RUN to your employees in Homebase.
- As new employees join your team, add them first into RUN.
- Sign in to Homebase and sync the new employee.
- Go to the Team tab, click Add, and select Import from RUN. This will take you to the team matching screen.
- As employees leave your team, you will need to remove them from both RUN and Homebase.
- To terminate an employee in Homebase, go to Team, click on the employee name, and click the Terminate button at the bottom of the page.
- Sync your timesheets
- Sign in to your Homebase account.
- Select the Timesheets tab in the top navigation bar.
- Resolve any timesheet errors, like missed clock outs and missed breaks.
- When you are ready to run payroll, click Export in the upper right corner and select ADP.
- You will be prompted to choose how your business pays out tips. After you select an option, Homebase will export the data into RUN.
- Sign in to RUN and click the Time Sheet Import icon. Below your timesheet data, click Combine Payroll and Import.
- You can now click Approve. Note that this button is approving the timesheet import, not approving payroll. You’ll be able to make edits to the timesheet data on the next page.
Q: How do cash tips work with this integration?
A: If your employees declare cash tips to Homebase when they clock out, Homebase considers them already paid out and will send cash tip data over to RUN for tax purposes. You can select how Homebase handles cash tips when you go to export. You can choose: Include in payroll, In cash, or I do not collect tips in Homebase.
Q: How do I handle salaried employees with this integration?
A: Salaried employees should be set up in RUN. RUN will allocate the payroll amount for salaried employees for the given payroll period. Homebase will export any hours that salaried employees have worked (if they are using the time clock), but this will not have any impact on their salary. Note that salaried employees is a feature in the Homebase Plus and Enterprise plans.
Q: What if I made a mistake and need to remove the timesheet sync from RUN?
A: If you have not clicked the green Accept button, you can remove the timesheet by clicking Delete This Pay Data File in RUN.
Q: What if my check date is incorrect in RUN?
A: You can change this through the Pay Frequency page in RUN. Sign in to RUN, hover over Company, click Pay Frequency, and click edit on the far right for the pay frequency you want to change. Click the calendar icon and adjust the check date. If the Payroll status column says In Progress, you must delete the payroll before completing these steps.
Q: What if my pay period is incorrect in RUN?
A: You can change this through the Pay Frequency page in RUN. Sign in to RUN, hover over Company, click Pay Frequency, and click edit on the far right for the pay frequency you want to change. Click the Period Start Date to change the date. Period End Date will automatically change based on your start date. If the Payroll status column says In Progress, you must delete the payroll before completing these steps.