Starting on our Plus plan, Homebase merchants are able to automatically round clock-in and clock-out times for their employees to the nearest 5 or 15-minute increment!
How to turn it on:
- Sign into your Homebase account at app.joinhomebase.com.
- Select the Settings tab on the top purple banner.
- Click on the Time Clock subcategory.
- Enable the Round clock-in and clock-out times to the nearest 5-minute increment under the Time Clock Rounding section.
- You can edit whether you want the times to be rounded to the nearest 5 minutes or 15 minutes in the drop-down menu.
- Save changes in the top right corner and you will be ready to go!
How it works
- Homebase will record the actual time of the clock-in event which you can view with the Time Card Edit History feature by specifying that clock out was done by a user named ‘Rounding Rules’.
- The rounding will only apply to clock in and out times. It does not round breaks.
- Only applies to future time cards. This cannot be applied to past time cards.
- We round to the nearest 5 or 15-minute increment, which means we may round up or down.
- If a manager tries to edit a time card that is rounded, Homebase will reject the edit and keep it rounded to the nearest 5 or 15-minute increment.