When the early clock-in prevention feature is enabled, it will prevent employees from clocking into scheduled shifts early, which will help you save time and money. This feature is available on our Plus plan.
Here’s how to implement that feature on your account:
- Sign into your Homebase account at app.joinhomebase.com.
- Go to the Settings tab on the top purple banner.
- Select Time Clock on the settings page.
- Under the Early & Late section, enable the Prevent early clock-in feature.
- In this section, you are also able to set an early and late limit for employees.
- Early limit: if you have the Prevent early clock-in feature enabled, this will create for when they are able to clock in. Ex. if the early limit is set at 5 minutes, employees will not be able to clock in until 5 minutes before their scheduled shift time.
- Late limit: this will create a grace period where employees can clock in until it is considered late. Ex. if the late limit is set as 5 minutes, your employees will have until 5 minutes after their schedule shift time to clock in before they are considered late.
- Save changes in the top right corner of the screen and you should be good to go!