On Homebase, we give you a better way of keeping track of your team members. The first step is to add your employees onto Homebase, so they can clock in, see their schedule and utilize our awesome features!
How to add employees to team
1. Adding employees via partner POS or payroll provider (Clover, Square, Gusto, etc.)
- Create a profile for your employee on the payroll provider or point of sale system.
- Sign into your Homebase web dashboard at app.joinhomebase.com.
- Go to the Team tab.
- Select the green Add button in the upper right corner.
- Choose to import from your point of sale or payroll provider.
- Select your location from the drop-down menu and click Import.
Note: for merchants who use partner POS or payroll providers, we highly suggest going this route to ensure that you have a smooth experience with using both services.
2. Adding employees directly via web dashboard:
- Sign into your Homebase account at app.joinhomebase.com.
- Go to the Team tab.
- Click the green Add button in the upper right corner.
- Select Add Directly on the pop-up screen.
- On this screen, you will now be able to add your employees and their contact information, as well as invite them to Homebase.
3. Adding employees via Employee Scheduling app:
- From your Homebase Employee Scheduling app, click the More icon on the lower right-hand side of the navigation bar
- Select Team from the upper half of the page
- Tap Add on the upper right-hand corner
- Here, you have the option to manually add the team member, add them from your contacts, or import them from your POS
- You can set up their basic information including their contact number and email and birthday
- Click Continue on the top right-hand corner
- The second portion of their profile contains their PIN to clock in, permission level, hire date, wage rate, salary increment and role
- Select Add to Team, success! You’ve added a new team member
Why won't my employee import?
On Homebase, if your employee(s) are not importing when prompted, there are a few different reasons that this would occur. The most common reason is that the employee was in Homebase at one time but terminated from the account.
To check your terminated employees:
- Sign in to Homebase: http://app.joinhomebase.com
- In the left navigation, click on TEAM.
- At the top of the page, place a check-mark next to SHOW TERMINATE
- Search the employee’s name in the upper right search bar.
- If they appear in the list, select them and then choose “rehire” in the upper right
*You may need to update their phone or email to ensure it’s up to date. If you aren’t sure how to do this, please visit the link below:
**If you do not see the employee who isn’t importing after searching terminated users, please contact us by calling (415)-951-3830 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org