Homebase offers several time clock options to help businesses accurately track time across one or many locations, stores, and job sites. As employees clock in and out, Homebase generates detailed, compliant time cards and payroll-ready timesheets. All time clocks are available in English or Spanish.
If you are a more complex business with multiple locations, lots of employees, are multi faceted, or have more variation in your business, we recommend using a combination of our available time clocks: tablet, mobile app, and web based. Check out our pricing page to determine which plan and time clocks are best for you.
Note: For information on where to view your employee's clock in and out times/ hours worked, please visit our Timesheets Support article.
In this article you will find:
If you are a brick and mortar business, or are a company where your employees come to a location to work, we recommend our iPad time clock app, Android time clock app, or mobile time clock. (Recommended for: food and beverage, retail, manufacturing, warehouses, etc).
- Available on all of our plans.
- Employees will use their unique PIN numbers to clock in and out on the iPad time clock app.
- Download the app to your iPad and sign in using your email and password to allow your team to clock in, take breaks, and clock out.
- Time cards are automatically generated in Timesheets in your Homebase account.
- Use one or many iPad/Android time clocks to allow your team to clock in, take breaks, and clock out.
Note: The Android time clock app is available on Android tablets that have the Google Play Store only. Kindle Fire tablets are not recommended.
If you are a business that has different work sites that your employees travel to or a remote team, we recommend our Mobile GPS Time Clock app for iPhone and Android. (Recommended for: catering, construction/technical services, delivery, home healthcare, etc.)
- Employees will download the Homebase mobile app to their phones and sign in using their email and password or phone number.
- Employees will tap the time clock icon in the upper right corner of the app for easy clocking in/out and for taking breaks.
- Time cards are automatically generated in Timesheets in your Homebase account, and include a GPS location photo (available on paid plans) to ensure your employees are clocking in and out where they say they are.
Important: The owner or a manager in the account must turn on the mobile time clock feature by following the steps below:
- Sign into Homebase from a computer
- Select Settings on the top navigation
- Select Time Clock Options
- Enable the mobile time clock for your account
The number of locations you need is determined by clock-in needs:
- If you'd like your staff to clock in from their phone with a GPS location tagged, then you can likely use a single Homebase location.
- If you want a geo-fence to prevent them from clocking in unless they are at a specific location, then you would need to have multiple locations.
Most popular features for merchants with employees in the field:
- Mobile app for your employees to easily view their schedule and timesheets.
- Mobile GPS time clock to know exactly where your team clocked-in and out.
- Shift notes to provide instructions for your employees about where to go or specific job instructions.
If you are a business where your employees work in an office setting or work remotely and work from their own computers, we recommend our Web Time Clock.
Homebase has two Web Time Clocks:
- Shared Web Time Clock - This can be set up on a shared computer where employees must use their PIN to clock in
- Personal Web Time Clock - This can be used on a personal computer where it enables the logged-in employee to clock in.
Managers can launch either the Shared or Personal Time Clock
Employees can only launch the Personal Time Clock
Still not sure what time clock(s) is best for you? Please contact our support team at email@example.com and we will be happy to advise.