Changing ownership as the owner
If you are the current owner of the company and can login to Homebase, navigate to the Settings page and scroll down to the Company Info section.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the account owner's name to start the ownership transfer process
- The owner will receive a verification email at the email address on file
- Click on the link in the email to verify that you are the account owner. The link expires after 24 hours.
- The link will redirect you back to Homebase to designate an employee or manager as the new owner. You can choose any active employee as the new owner.
- Once the ownership has changed, the previous owner will become a Manager. Both the old and new owners will receive an email confirming the change.
Changing ownership as a non-owner
If you are not the current owner of the company and or cannot login to Homebase as the owner, you can still start the ownership process by navigating to Settings, scrolling down to the Company Info section, and clicking on the pencil icon.
- As a non-owner, clicking on the pencil icon will send an email to your email address on file.
- The email will ask you to provide additional documents to verify that you are the new owner of the company.
- Reply to the email with the additional documents to start the ownership transfer process.
- A Homebase employee will review your documents and process your request in a few days.