Homebase helps in ensuring that your business is compliant with the labor laws in your state. When you set up an account, Homebase will automatically suggest your break and overtime rules based on your state laws. To see your break requirements:
- Sign in to your Homebase account.
- Select Settings in the top navigation bar.
- Select Breaks & Compliance in the left navigation.
- Click the blue writing that reads "Review break requirements".
*Homebase does not make labor suggestions based on city regulations at this time.
*Homebase does not keep digital copies of employee waiver forms on file at this time.
Alerts we currently have in place for labor law compliance:
- Paid and unpaid break tracking
- Prevent early break clock-in
- Convert paid break overage to unpaid
- Apply penalty for missed breaks
- Over 8 hours alerts
- Over 40 hours alerts
- 7 days in a row (California)
- Tracking across multiple locations
- Double Time
- Over 12 hours
- 7 days in a row + over 8 hours (California)
- Blended Overtime
- Blue Laws (Massachusetts)
- Spread of Hours (New York)