Note: These new features will be available to customers on all plans until September 1st, 2020. After September 1st, 2020 customers will need to be on our All-in-one Plan to continue utilizing the features.
With our new Onboarding and Document Storage features, you can create an onboarding packet for new hires and send it to them to complete to be ready to work on their first day. You also have the ability to upload employee documents directly into their profiles for easy storage and better tracking.
In this article you will learn:
- These features are currently only available to customers in the United States.
- To protect sensitive employee information and keep documents secure, only the owner of the Homebase account is able to create the onboarding packet and view employee documents.
- For added security measures, Managers and General Managers are able to send the new hire onboarding packet, but are not able to view them.
Follow the steps below to set up your new hire onboarding packet:
- Select Team on the top navigation bar
- Select New Hire Onboarding from the sub navigation
- Click Activate New Hire Onboarding
- Check on "Enable New Hire Packet” and “Send the New Hire Packet to all new team members going forward” to keep onboarding efficient for all new hires.
- Here you will see the federally required W-4 and I-9 forms already included, as well as the option to upload additional company or industry specific documents.
- When uploading your own documents, you have the option to require an employee signature or simply acknowledge they’ve viewed it.
- Last, we ask for business-specific information, such as your EIN and address, in order to create your onboarding packet. Only the owner of the account is able to view and modify the onboarding packet.
Once you complete your new hire onboarding packet, you will be able to select which new hires/employees you’d like to send it to. From there, your employee will receive an email and/or text message asking them to sign in to Homebase and complete the onboarding packet.
Note: If you have not yet added your new employee to Homebase, please reference the support article: Managing your Team Roster, Team Profiles, and Team Permissions/Access Levels.
Your employees will be asked for the following information and can complete the packet from a phone or computer.:
- Basic information
- Legal name
- Date of birth
- Mobile phone
- Emergency contact
- Federal taxes W-4 information (requires employees signature)
- Employment eligibility I-9 information (requires employee signature):
- State tax withholding forms if applicable to your state and custom documents included by you.
Storing employee documents will help you stay compliant. The US government requires businesses to store I-9 forms for up to three years, regardless of whether employees are still under your employment.
Note: For security reasons, please keep in mind only the owner of the Homebase account is able to view the documents themselves.
To view or manually upload an individual employees documents, please follow the steps here:
- Click Team on the top navigation bar.
- Select the employee you wish to view
- Select Documents
- Here you can upload or view any of the documents listed/added by you here.
To view multiple employees documents at once and to track their progress completing the documents, please follow the steps here:
- Click Team on the top navigation bar
- Select Documents from the sub navigation
- View the status of all new hires completion of the packet: here you can track whether they have viewed, acknowledged, or signed the individual documents.
1. Hover over Team on the top navigation
2. Select Documents from the sub navigation
3. Hover over the Documents and click the blue + icon
4. Click Send
Note: Your employees will receive a link to the documents in their email and text messages (if their phone numbers are entered). Once they tap the link, they will prompted to complete the process described in the above section "How your employees will receive and sign/acknowledge the packet".
Bothoth employees and managers are able to add certifications to their profiles, so you are able to keep track of qualifications and accomplishments.
- Sign in to your Homebase account.
- Select the Team tab in the top navigation bar.
- Click on an employee’s name to access their full profile.
- Under the Information tab, select +Add a Certificate.
- You can add a name, expiration date, and image if you desire.
- Click Save Changes to add the certification to their profile.
- In the future, to edit a certification click the pencil icon. To delete a certification click the trash icon.
- Prior to expiration, all managers will receive notifications:
- 10 days before the certification expires for all locations where the employee works.
- On expiration day for all locations where the employee works.