Note: The Health and Safety Screener will be available to customers on all plans through 2020.
The Health and Safety Screener allows you to ensure that your employees and your business are staying healthy and safe. You have the ability to set up a clock-in screener that asks your employees a series of Yes/No questions upon clock-in, get alerted for specific answers, and see all employees answers in a daily health and safety report.
In this article, you will learn:
Screener questions are available on mobile and tablet time clocks only.
- Navigate to the Safety tab in Homebase in your web browser
- Click Set up screening questions button
- We have provided a list of default questions, to edit them click the pencil icon.
- Each question has an option to receive a manager alert for a specific answer to a screener question.
- Once all questions are edited and saved, use the check box to enable the questions, and click "Next" Button
- Choose when you want your employees to answer the screener questions
- Only at clock-in - they will be able to answer the screener when they clock in ONLY
- Anytime - they will be able to answer the screener from their Homebase mobile app ONLY
- Anytime or at clock in - they will be able to answer the screener anytime from their mobile OR at clock in.
- If you choose Anytime, you will be able to set a reminder that will be sent to your employees a set number of minutes before their shift.
- Choose to enable the screener questions.
- Choose to enble the mobile app and send invites to anyone who doesn't already have the app downloaded.
- Click Finish to complete set up
Note: We offer a Spanish translation option for your screener questions to enable your employees who have their language set to Spanish in Homebase to receive their questions in Spanish.
Important: It is important that your tablet timeclocks and/or your employees Homebase Apps on their phones are upgraded to the latest version to ensure that your employees see the screener questions when clocking-in.
To update or download the apps please visit the Google Play Store or the App Store to get the latest version.
Once you edit questions, you will still see the previous version of the question for employees that answered that version. If an employee was not shown that version of the question to answer you will see an "N/A" in the report.
- Safety > Settings Icon > Set up
- Click the pencil icon on any question to edit it > click save to save edits
- Click the trash icon on any question to delete it
- Click Next Changes at the top of the screen to save all the changes made
- Use Enable check box to toggle on/off if you no longer want your employees to get the health screener questions.
- Click Finish to save edits
- Ensure you have the permission to see the report and alerts in Settings > Team Permissions
- Each question you would like an alert on is set up to send an alert. Safety > Settings Icon > Manager Alerts
- The report has several possible values
- Yes/No answer with a possible alert depending on the answer
- N/A to indicate they were not given this question
- No Answer to indicate they did not answer screener questions when they clocked-in
- -- to indicate they have not clocked in yet and therefore have not answered the question yet.
- To export the daily report, click settings icon > Export
- Navigate to Settings > Team Permissions
- On "Who has access to View and Edit Health and Safety Questions" enable or disable GMs or Managers to have access.