Homebase Hiring allows you to easily create and post jobs to multiple online job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Google. Applicants apply through the job boards and come directly into the Homebase Hiring dashboard, where you can message, interview, and hire applicants all in one place.
Creating your job posts
Requirements to use Hiring/Post a Job
In order to post a job on Homebase, the following information is required. These requirements help protect applicants, comply with partner policies, and ensure that Homebase customers receive high-quality applicants.
- A valid physical business address
- A business website or an official Facebook Page
Policies are last updated in July 2020 and are subject to change:
- Job syndication to our partners is for US and Canada-based businesses only. At this moment, we do not post to job boards outside the United States and Canada.
- We do not allow job posts by staffing agencies.
- We do not allow job posts that require an application fee.
Help us get your job posts out to our partners even faster:
- Ensure that your information in your Homebase account, like physical business address, website, owner's email, and business category is accurate and up to date.
- Limit the number of external links in your job description.
- Double-check that your job description does not contain any discriminatory language, which might cause the job post to be rejected by our partners.
- Keep in mind: Customers who are new to Homebase, or who are using Hiring for the first time, may experience delays in posts being shared with partners because all new businesses are vetted to ensure the safety of applicants and to ensure that the post meets the standards of partners.
Create and edit job posts
Edit your job post (updates can take 1-3 business days to reflect on job boards):
- From your Homebase Hiring page, locate the job card for the post you’ll be editing
- Click on the Manage drop-down menu on the right-hand side of the card
- Select Edit job
- Make changes to your post from this page, remember to click the green Update Your Job button on the lower right-hand side to save your changes
Add screener questions
Use screening questions to make the vetting process even easier. Up to 3 questions can be attached to a job post. Applicants can respond to these questions when they apply to the job post.
- After posting a job, there will be a page for adding screening questions.
- Add up to 3 questions using the "Add Question" button.
- The question will appear in the application within a few hours. A few job boards do not support screening questions.
- Applicants are not required to answer these screening questions when submitting their application
- At the moment, screening questions cannot be edited or deleted once they are created.
- Responses to screening questions are displayed in the Manage Applicants page
- If an applicant does not have responses in their profile, it means that the applicant chose not to respond or that the job board does not support screening questions.
Getting more applicants
Add premium boosts
Purchase a premium boost to get your job post in front of more applicants. On average, boosts triples the number of applicants received. Applicants that apply through the ZipRecruiter and Craigslist boosts will show up directly in Homebase.
Premium boosts can be purchased after your company has been approved to post jobs. Premium boosts last for 30 days, and you can purchase both the ZipRecruiter and Craigslist boost at the same time.
Purchasing a boost:
- Navigate to the Hiring dashboard.
- If you have not already posted a job, post a job first before boosting.
- Click on the "Get More Applicants" button next to a job post to purchase a boost.
- Select a 30-day ZipRecruiter boost or a 30-day Craigslist boost. You can purchase both for the same job post.
- It takes 1-2 business days for a ZipRecruiter boost to go "live" and up to 3 business days for a Craigslist boost to go "live". The 30-day boosting window begins after a job post is live.
Your Career Page provides important information to applicants about your business, team, and work culture. Use this page to describe your business, what’s important to your culture, and give applicants a first impression of who you are.
- From your Homebase web dashboard, click Hiring or Post a Job from your left menu.
- Select Career Page from your sub-navigation, here you will see the overview of your applicant facing page
- Make changes to this page by clicking Edit Page icon on the top right-hand corner
- Add a banner and logo picture by clicking on the box at the top of the page and load your image
- Write 2-3 sentences about your business to give applicants a closer look into working with your team
- Confirm your business name and address
- When you’re done making edits, click the green Save button on your top right-hand corner
Share your job post
Select Share Your Job on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. Be sure to set your posts to Public on Facebook to ensure that the maximum number of people see it.
- Click on the Manage drop-down menu on the right-hand side of the job card you’d like to share a link for
- You can quick select Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- You also have the option to copy your link and post it anywhere you can paste it to reach more people in your network
Your “Text to Apply” code sends a link to your application via text, this is a great way to capture walk-ins or forward to your phone contacts for referrals. Add this to in store flyers, ads or business cards to help expand your recruiting network.
You can find your Text-to-Apply code on the career page.
Add applicants manually into Homebase
Your own network can be the best source of applicants. Homebase helps you manage all your applicants in one place.
Here are all of the different ways you can add applicants to Homebase.
- Referrals - send a link to your job post to specific members of your team
- QR code - download a QR code that applicants can scan on their phones to apply
- Text-to-apply - text a number and applicants will receive a link to your job post
- Career page - get a link to a career's page that's automatically built for your business
- Manually adding applicants - add applicants directly into Homebase through our Hiring page
Manage, message and hire applicants
Once you have posted a job, you can review resumes, message applicants, and hire new team members directly from your Hiring Dashboard.
- Select the Hiring or Post a Job tab in the left menu.
- Click on the job title to view your applicants.
- Click on the applicant’s names to review their experience and qualifications.
- Use the thumbs-up in the upper right corner to save your favorite applicants. Use the thumbs-down to decline applicants.
- Note: this is for your reference only, applicants won’t be notified of these actions.
- Click Message if you’d like to contact an applicant. A message box will be available on the right-hand side, just like your team Messenger.
- Click Interview if you’d like to confirm an interview with the applicant. Enter the time and day, and you and the applicant will get a confirmation, plus a reminder the day of the interview.
Find qualified candidates faster by using filters to narrow down the number of applicants. Homebase has 5 different filters:
- Status filter
- Distance filter
- Application Quality filter
- Source filter
- Availability filter
- Select the Hiring tab in the left menu.
- Click on the job title to view your applicants.
- Click on the applicant’s name who you want to hire.
- Select the drop-down menu in the upper right corner of their profile.
- Select Hired as their status.
- Click Move To Hired.
- Invite your new hire to Homebase by clicking Invite Now below their name on their profile.