Your employer uses Homebase to collect your necessary paperwork for all new hires. As soon as your employer adds you to Homebase, you'll receive a new hire packet.
Complete your new-hire packet to be ready for your first day at work. The new-hire packet is configured by your manager(s) and the information collected will be shared with those approved to review documents at your company.
Use this guide to help you complete your new-hire packet.
Click any link to jump to that section
- Account setup and contact information
- Tax forms and the employment verification (I-9)
- Any other documents that your manager has included in the packet for you to sign or review
You can complete the new-hire packet on your smartphone or on a desktop computer. Your progress is saved along the way so you can resume at any time. You will receive an email with a link to access your completed documents when you are all done.
- If you are new to Homebase, set up your account by providing a password. You will use the email and password to login to the Homebase app.
- Next, provide your contact information so that we can add it to your tax forms automatically.
- Start by completing the W-4. Complete Form W-4 so that your employer can withhold the correct federal income tax from your pay. If too little is withheld, you will generally owe tax when you file your tax return and may owe a penalty. If too much is withheld, you will generally be due a refund. If you have questions about the W-4, please visit the IRS website for more guidance.
- Next, complete your state's withholding forms.
- Finally, complete the I-9 form and confirm the type of document you will bring on the first day of work.
- Your manager might have also included other documents as part of the new-hire packet. These documents either require you to acknowledge or sign them.
- If a document requires a signature, type your name in the signature form and we will add your signature and a completion date to the document.
If you have questions while completing these forms, contact your manager for assistance.