Maine Revenue Services
Type of Tax
State Withholding Income Tax
- Register for a Withholding Account Number
- Go to Maine.gov
- Click on Tax Registration
- Review information required to complete registration
- Under Get Started Now, select “income tax” and go
- Complete all steps of application
- A confirmation letter will be mailed for Income Tax Withholding and Use Tax registrations within 20 business days
Update your Homebase account with your Maine Withholding Account Number. Your Maine Withholding Account Number is required for all Maine Revenue Services interactions to ensure your account is accurate.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please call the Central Registration Unit (207) 624-5644 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Maine Department of Labor (DOL)
Type of Tax
Unemployment Insurance Tax (UI)
- Register for Maine Employer account number (EAN)
- Go to RE EMPLOY ME portal
- Click on “Register a new business”
- Enter contact information
- Complete information to set up username and password
- Select the type of business and complete employer information
- *Note* employers who have both seasonal and non seasonal employment will receive 2 separate EAN numbers for each type of employment
- Submit application
- You will receive documentation in the mail with your new EAN
Update your Homebase account with your Maine Employer Account Number. Your employer account number is required for all Maine DOL interactions to ensure your account is accurate.
For assistance, call customer service 1-800-593-7660. The agency also offers tutorials for additional assistance.
This article is not intended to be tax, legal, financial, or HR advice. Rules and regulations change over time and can vary by location. Consult with a lawyer, accountant, Tax, or HR expert for specific guidance.
Last Updated 12/1/2021