Arizona Department of Revenue
Type of Tax
State Withholding Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (UI)
As soon as you begin business in Arizona, you must register your Employer Identification Number (EIN) with the Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) and Arizona Department of Revenue (DOR).
Employers who pay a total of $1,500 or more in gross wages in a calendar quarter or reach the 20th week of employing 1 or more individuals for a full or partial day within the same calendar year are required to withhold on unemployment compensation.
- Register your EIN on AZTaxes website
- The Arizona Joint Tax Web Application is used to apply for transaction privilege tax, use tax, and Employer Withholding and Unemployment Insurance
- Click “Enroll to File and Pay Online” under Businesses.
- Read the information listed on the User Account Registration Welcome page and click “Continue”
- Complete the required fields annotated with a red asterisk
- Click “Register”
- You will receive two emails from email@example.com. The first email will contain your username, and the second will provide a temporary password. If you do not find these emails in your inbox, please check your spam folder. This password expires after 24 hours. If you cannot locate either or both of these emails, please call the Arizona Department of Revenue toll-free at 800-352- 4090.
- Setup Your E-Signature PIN
- Log into AZTaxes using the username and temporary password provided in the email
- After logging in using your personal password, change your temporary password to a password of your choice
- Answer four security questions and submit
- Create a self-selected E-Signature personal identification number (PIN)
- Link accounts to your username
- Go back to AZTaxes using your username and password
- Click on “Link Accounts”
- Complete the required fields, enter PIN and submit
Update your Homebase account with your Arizona Employer Identification Number. Your Arizona EIN is required for all Arizona Department of Revenue and Arizona Department of Economic Security interactions to ensure your account is accurate. Please call the Arizona Department of Revenue toll-free at 800-352-4090.
This article is not intended to be tax, legal, financial, or HR advice. Rules and regulations change over time and can vary by location. Consult with a lawyer, accountant, Tax, or HR expert for specific guidance.
Last Updated 11/1/2021