New Company Registration for New Jersey

Have more questions? Submit a request

Tax Agency

New Jersey Treasury Division of Revenue and Enterprise Services
New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development

Type of Tax

State Withholding Income Tax
State Unemployment Insurance (UI)

Registration Steps:

  1. Register for an employer number
    • Go to the New Jersey Treasury
    • Choose the tab (+) that corresponds with your business structure
    • Click on the “online” link
    • Under Select one, click your business type
    • Complete business application
    • You should receive your NJ employer number instantly
    • Your New Jersey employer number is your FEIN followed by a three-digit suffix
    • Information will be forwarded to the Department of Labor and Workforce Development
      Update your Homebase account with your NJ employer number. Your employer number is required for all New Jersey Department of Revenue interactions to ensure your account is accurate.
      If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact the Department of Revenue at 609-292-9292.
  2. Setup username and password
  3. Setup username and password for comprehensive account access to both Department of Revenue and Department of Labor and Workforce Development
    • Go to the New Jersey Premier Business Service (PBS) portal
    • Click Create an account
    • Click Register under the NCID log in page
    • Select Business
    • Create a username and password
    • Enter your myNewJersey Login ID and password
    • NCID will email you a code which you will need to enter to complete sign up
    • This setup will allow for comprehensive access

Tax Agency

New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development

Type of Tax

Private disability plan information

  • Go to myleavebenefits
  • Information for employers
  • Private Plan Information
  • Select “click here” link for application

This article is not intended to be tax, legal, financial, or HR advice. Rules and regulations change over time and can vary by location. Consult with a lawyer, accountant, Tax, or HR expert for specific guidance.

Last Updated 11/1/2021


Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful