North Dakota Office of State Commissioner
Type of Tax
State Withholding Income Tax
An employer is required to withhold North Dakota income tax from wages paid to an employee if the employee performs services within North Dakota and the wages are subject to federal income tax withholding.
- Register for an account number.
- Go to North Dakota Taxpayer Access Point (ATAP)
- Click on “Apply for Sales & Use or Withholding account”
- Click on Electronic Application
- Select reason for application and complete registration questions
- Create a username and password in ATAP
- Go back to and North Dakota Taxpayer Access Point (ATAP), select “sign up for access”
- Select “owner” under access type
- Create and username password and answer security questions
Update your Homebase account with your North Dakota Account Number. Your North Dakota account number is required for all North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner interactions to ensure your account is accurate.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please call a customer support representative at 701-328-1257 or email TAPhelp@nd.gov.
Job Service North Dakota
Type of Tax
Unemployment Insurance Tax (UI)
- Sign up to request a user ID and password.
Update your Homebase account with your North Dakota Unemployment Insurance Account Number. Your North Dakota UI account number is required for all North Dakota unemployment interactions to ensure your account is accurate.
For assistance, call the agency at (701) 328-2814. For additional assistance, Business “How To” videos are available.
Third-party Administrator (TPA) access
In order for Check Technologies to achieve Third Party Administrator Access it is necessary to provide the following information to Check.
- Entity Type
- Letter ID (from a recent letter issued on the account)
- Approve the requested access in TAP
This article is not intended to be tax, legal, financial, or HR advice. Rules and regulations change over time and can vary by location. Consult with a lawyer, accountant, Tax, or HR expert for specific guidance.
Last Updated 12/1/2021