Rhode Island Department of Revenue
State of Rhode Island Division of Taxation
Type of Tax
State Withholding Income Tax
Unemployment Insurance Tax (UI)
- Combined registration for RI State withholding and RI State unemployment tax
- Go to State of Rhode Island Business Registration website
- Review information required to complete registration by clicking on “click here” link
- Click Begin
- Click Create an Account
- Enter contact information including email and setting up a password and submit
- Complete remaining registration steps
Update your Homebase account with your RI withholding tax ID number and RI Unemployment employer Account Number. Your withholding and unemployment account numbers are required for all Rhode Island Department of Revenue and Rhode Island Division of Taxation interactions to ensure your accounts are accurate.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please call RI Division of Taxation Registration Section 401-574-8829 for withholding and RI Employer Tax Section 401-574-8700 (Option 1) for unemployment.