Regular payrolls and on-cycle payrolls are payrolls that follow the standard pay schedule you’ve set up in Homebase.
To process a regular payroll, go to the Payroll dashboard and click Start Payroll. Be sure to submit the payroll before the submission deadline or your employees may receive their direct deposits late.
Step 1: Hours and Time Off
Homebase Payroll will automatically import hours, wage rates, time off, and tips for all eligible team members for regular payrolls.
- This section will show your team members and their wages, hours worked, time off, tips, and any other earnings.
- If you'd like to see a breakdown of an employee's time cards, click on their regular hours.
- Under Other Earnings, click +Add to enter any bonuses, commissions, or reimbursements.
- Click Next to proceed to the next step of the payroll run.
Please note that you can Save and Exit to save this payroll run as a Draft.
Step 2: Net Pay
- View a breakdown of benefits, taxes, post-tax deductions, and net pay for each team member.
- If you need to make any changes, click Hours and Time Off to go back.
- If the values are correct, click Next to proceed.
Step 3: Review and Submit
- This page shows a summary of your payroll run.
- Total Payroll Cost is the sum of all wages + taxes owed + company benefit contributions.
- Automatically Withdraw is the amount that will be debited from company's bank account via ACH when payroll is processed.
- Click Submit Payroll to submit the payroll run. Once you submit, the payroll will be Pending until the processing deadline passes, at which point it will be Processing.
Timesheets and Homebase Payroll
Homebase will import the following info from your timesheets:
Hourly or salaried rate set for the team member.
Hours worked, paid out at the regular hourly rate.
Any overtime (OT) worked, calculated based on the rules specified in the Overtime Settings page. Double OT is paid out only if turned on in Settings.
Included if Holiday Pay Rates feature is enabled and employee worked a shift on a specified holiday. These hours can be paid at overtime rates.
Approved hours taken against a PTO policy during the pay period.
Approved hours taken against a Paid Sick Leave policy during the pay period.
Hours paid to employees for a holiday they had off (i.e. I want to pay my team on Christmas even though I gave them the day off).
Tips that an employee already received in cash. These earnings will be taxed normally, but will NOT be included in the employee net pay because they have already received them. Tips can be automatically imported from Timesheets if chosen in Settings or manually entered when running payroll.
Tips that an employee has not already received. These earnings will be taxed normally and WILL be included in the employee net pay, because they have not already received them.
Bonuses, commissions, reimbursements, and correction pay can be added to wages. FFCRA leave, break penalty hours, and hours for state-specific rules that were imported will be displayed here if applicable.
Wage calculations and multiple wage rates
The wage rates paid out in payroll runs are imported from each team member's profile on the Team roster. If an employee has a single hourly or annual salaried rate, that rate will automatically appear for each payroll run based on the date it was effective.
Employees who work two or more hourly wage rates can have multiple roles and wages also setup in their profiles. Each time card worked can be tracked against a particular role/wage. When payroll is run, each wage rate will be imported into the run and displayed on its own row. Homebase will automatically display a compliant weighted wage rate, also known as a blended wage rate, for each workweek the employee worked. Any overtime and time-off hours will then be entered and multiplied against the weighted wage rates and update Gross Wages accordingly.
Still have questions? Feel free to reach out and we’d be glad to help!